Carpet Pro Belfast - Data Protection Statement
The new General Data Protection Regulation 2018 becomes law on 25th May. In order to comply with the regulation I need to inform you about what personal data I collect and what I do with it.
I am Szymon Neumann trading as “Carpet Pro Belfast” and am classified as a Data Controller. If you have any questions about my use of your personal data please contact me in whatever way is most convenient for you; please see contact details below.
The types of data I collect and use may include, but is not limited to:-
Your name, address, telephone number, and email address. I will normally acquire this information directly from you but if I obtained that information from somebody else I will normally inform you and ask you to confirm the details are correct.
Using your personal data: the legal basis and purpose
I will process your personal data in the following ways:
1. To fulfill the terms of a contract with you.
a) To provide a quotation for my business services and decide whether to enter into that contract.
b) To manage and perform that contract, and contact you as necessary in that regard.
c) To update my record.
d) To trace your whereabouts regarding any outstanding debts.
2. As necessary for my own legitimate interests in promoting and managing my business
a) For good governance, compliance with regulatory and statutory obligations, financial accounting managing and auditing my business operations.
b) To communicate with you as necessary regarding the provision of services and any payments due in relation to such services.
c) For market research, analysis and developing statistics.
d) To send you marketing communications relating to my services.
3. As necessary to comply with a legal obligation, e.g.:
a) When you exercise your rights under data protection laws and make requests for information.
b) For compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and relative disclosures.
c) For establishment and defense of legal rights.
d) For the prevention, detection and investigation of crime.
4. Based on your consent e.g.:
When you request me to disclose your personal data to other businesses or organisations, such as other traders and service providers. You are free to change your mind and withdraw your consent at any time but that may mean that I can’t do certain things for you.
Sharing your personal data
Subject to applicable data protection laws I may share your personal data with:
- Sub contractors, service providers and other persons, businesses or organisations who help me provide my services, payment and collection services, email, web-hosting and data back-up services; some of which service providers may transfer your personal data to others for regulatory, compliance and governance purposes, and may entail sending your data overseas.
- Government bodies and agencies in the U.K. and overseas (e.g. HMRC, The Information Commissioner’s Office). In some cases these agencies may need to transfer your information to other similar bodies, including those overseas
- Courts, to comply with legal requirements and for the administration of justice
- To protect the security or integrity of my business operations
- If I were to sell the business, restructure or enter into a partnership or merger with another business
- In an emergency or to otherwise protect you or your vital interests
- Anyone else where I have your consent or am required to do so by law
Your personal data may be transferred outside the U.K. and European Economic Area. While some countries have adequate protections for personal data under their applicable laws, in other countries it will be necessary to take additional steps to provide appropriate safeguards.
I will always use my best endeavours to secure your personal information, which may include imposing contractual obligations or requiring the recipient to subscribe to, or be certified with, an appropriate international framework of protection.
Retention of information
I will only retain any personal information for as long as it is necessary to support my legitimate business interests, and to comply with legal, regulatory and statutory obligations.
Your rights under the new law:
The General Data Protection Regulation 2018 gives you a number of rights including:
- The right to be informed about my processing of your personal data
- The right to have your data corrected if it is inaccurate or to have incomplete data completed
- The right to object to or restrict the processing of your personal data
- The right to have your data erased or forgotten
- The right to request access to any information I hold about you
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal data
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which has the power to investigate and enforce compliance with data protection law. To find out more about your rights with regard to data protection please go to www.ico.org.uk.
T/A Carpet Pro Belfast, 159 Mount Merrion Avenue, BT6 0FN, Belfast, Country Antrim, Northern Ireland.
Office: 028 9532 0229
Mobile: 07469 720 541